UBC is celebrating 100 years of learning, research innovation, and community engagement since welcoming its first class in September 1915.
To help create visibility and bring awareness to this important milestone, the CLF will be enhanced with the Centennial visual identity elements. The launch of the design feature is scheduled for September 4th, 2015.
What does the design look like?
Check out a working prototype.
How do I sign up for the new design feature? Do I need to do anything when you launch on September 4th?
There is no need to sign up and no, there isn’t anything that you need to do when we launch.
The CLF Template is constructed of:
- Core assets — CSS and JS files that are centrally hosted and managed on our CDN (Content Delivery Network), and
- Local assets — HTML, JS, and CSS files that are stored on your own web server.
To activate the new design feature, we’ll only need to make changes to the core assets on the CDN. Once turned on, all websites with the CLF should automatically display the new design feature without requiring any action by site owners.
To learn more about the CLF Templates, visit: http://clf.ubc.ca.
Is the new design feature permanent?
No. We expect to deactivate the new design once the Centennial campaign ends on May 31, 2016.
What if I find a bug with the new design feature?
We have performed BETA testing to ensure that the new design feature is compatible with a broad range of UBC websites. With any changes to the CLF design, there is always a risk of negative impact to UBC websites, particularly ones with custom design styles or modifications made to the HTML structure. If you have any problems, please contact the Web Communications Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I learn more about the UBC Centennial Campaign?
- Visit the Centennial website at: http://ubc100.ca
- Contact the Communications & Marketing Brand Team: email@example.com
- Check out resources, guidelines and assets available to the UBC community to make the most of Centennial initiatives at: http://brand.ubc.ca/brand-themes/ubc-centennial-campaign/